Chapter 1 : Python Pandas – I
Sumita Arora Book Exercise Solution of Class 12 Informatics Practices 
Type A – Very Short Questions Answers
1. What is the significance of Pandas library?
Ans : => Provide tools to create different data structure
=> Gives several methods to handle and manipulation the large amount of data
=> Also helps in doing analysis of data
=> Fast, Flexible, Easy to use, Vast collection of Tools/Library
2. Name some common data structures of Python’s Pandas library?
Ans : => Series
3. How is a Series object different from and similar to ndarrays? Give some examples.
=> Both supports 1D Data i.e. vector
=> Both allows indexing
=> Both allows vectorized operation
=> Both allows slicing
=> Index in ndarray is always positive number, while in Series we can give our own indices like number, text, boolean etc.
=> ndarray supports vectorized operation between two same shape numpy array, while Series supports vectorized operation between different shapes of series object
4. Write a single line pandas statement for the following. (Assuming necessary modules have been imported): Declare a Pandas Series named Packets having dataset as:
[125, 92, 104, 92, 85, 116, 87, 90] [CBSE D 2020 C]
Ans: Packets = pd.Series([125, 92, 104, 92, 85, 116, 87, 90])
5. Write commands to print the details of Series Object seal –
a. If the series is empty
b. Indexes of the series
c. The data type of underlying data
d. If the series stores any NaN values.
Ans : (a) seriesobject.empty
6. Given the following Series S1 and S2:
Write the command to find the sum of series S1 and S2. [CBSE Sample Paper 20-21]
Ans: S1 + S2
Question : What will be the result of – (a) S1 + S2 and (b) S1 – S2
[Given in Old Edition Book 2000]
Ans: Result of
(a) S1 + S2
(b) S1 – S2