Session 1 – Scenarios Analysis
Check your Knowledge – Question Answer
1. What is data consolidation? What is its use?
Answer: Data Consolidation is a process of collecting and consolidating data from multiple sources into a single worksheet, while applying a specific function such as sum, average, count, max, min, etc.
The Data Consolidation function takes data from a series of worksheets or workbooks and summaries it into a single worksheet that you can update easily.
It is used to summarize the data of several sheets and store it on one sheet.
2. How do you consolidate data in calc? or Write the steps of data consolidation?
Answer: To do Data consolidation, follow these steps: –
- (i) Open the worksheet that contains the cell ranges to be consolidated.
- (ii) Choose the Consolidate option under the Data menu. It will open the Consolidate dialog.
- (iii) Select the source data range.
- (iv) Click Add to insert the selected range in the Consolidation ranges filed.
- (v) Select additional ranges and click Add after each selection.
- (vi) Specify where you want to display the result by selecting a target range from the Copy results to box.
- (vii) Select a function from the Function list. The Sum function is the default setting.
- (viii) Click OK to consolidate the ranges.
3. What is the command used to consolidate data in Calc?
Answer: Data -> Consolidate
4. Write the steps to do Subtotal in OpenOffice Calc.
Answer: Before starting SUBTOTLAS, you Ensure that the columns have labels.
Steps to insert subtotal values into a sheet:
- (i) Select the range of cells that you want to calculate subtotals for, and then choose Data-> Subtotals.
- (ii) In the Subtotals dialog, in the Group by box, select the column to that you want to add the subtotals. If the contents of the selected column change, the subtotals are automatically recalculated.
- (iii) In the Calculate subtotals for box, select the columns containing the values that you want to subtotal.
- (iv) In the Use function box, select the function that you want to use to calculate the subtotals.
- (v) Click OK
5. What is What-If Analysis? How is it useful?
Answer: What-If Analysis is the process of changing the values in cells to see how those changes will affect the outcome of formulas on the worksheet.
Usefulness of What-If Analysis tools-
Answer: What-If Analysis is useful in creating scene or scenarios at one place for different values or conditions.
It helps in finding how much amount you need to invest for your future savings with the help of Goal Seek.
It helps in finding value required for your Gaol with multiple options with the help of Solver.
6. What various tools are available for What-If Analysis in Calc?
Answer: OpenOffice Calc provides three tools for What-If Analysis. These are : –
(i) Scenarios (ii) Goal Seek (iii) Solver