Chapter 2 – Internet Services and Mobile Technologies
Sumita Arora Book Exercise Question Answer Solution
Type – A: Theoretical Questions – Answers
Que 1. Out of the following which one is the most used feature of the Internet: (a) e-mail (b) FTP (c) Telnet (d) Usenet
Answer: (a) e-mail
Que 2. What are the two parts of an e-mail address? Which character is used to separate these two parts?
Answer: Two parts of an e-mail address are (i) username (ii) hostname
‘@’ is used to separate these two parts.
Que 3. In an e-mail account, which folder stores the received emails?
Que 4. What is emoticon ? What is its usage ?
Answer: An emoticon, short for “emotion icon”, is a pictorial representation of a facial expression using characters—usually punctuation marks, numbers, and letters—to express a person’s feelings, mood, or reaction, or as a time-saving method. It is also known simply as an emote or glyph.
Emoticons are used in informal communication, such as instant messaging, text messaging, and personal emails.
Que 5. Why is it necessary to be online while chatting?
Answer: It is compulsory to be online while chatting because Chatting is the Online textual talk and It is a popular service on the Internet.
Que 6. Explain the structure of an e-mail address.
Answer: The E-mail address has two parts separated by @ (at) symbol.
- (a) Username: On the left side of @ separator is the user name. A user name can not have blanks.
- (b) Domain name for the host server: The portion to the right of @ identifies the server or host or network that services your e-mail. It is also known as an e-mail server.
Que 7. Explain the structure of an e-mail message. Also differentiate between Cc: and Bcc: fields.
Answer: Structure of an e-mail message: An e-mail message has the following components. These are
- (i) FROM: From field contains the address of the sender.
- (ii) TO: To field contains the address of receivers i.e. which mail will be sent.
- (iii) CC: CC stands for Carbon copy. In this field, you can add the addresses of those to whom you want to send a copy of this mail.
- (iv) BCC: BCC stands for Blind Carbon Copy. Here you can also write the address of the email, to whom you want to send the copy of this mail. But BCC recipient’s name is not visible to the other recipients. The BCC recipients can see the TO and CC addresses.
- (v) SUBJECT: A short title for the mail.
- (vi) BODY: The message of email.
- (vii) ATTACHMENTS: You can attach one or more documents or any other file with your e-mail, through attachments.
- (viii) DATE: In this, the date and time on which the message was sent from the sender’s computer.
- (ix) MESSAGE-ID: Unique message-id assigned to each mail, helps in tracking mail. It is managed by an internal mail system.
The main difference between CC i.e. carbon copy and BCC i.e. Blind Carbon Copy, the CC recipient don’t come to know about BCC recipient, while BCC recipient can come to know about every one recipient.
Que 8. To find out about e-mail address of one of your friends, which utility will you use and how ?
Answer: To find out about the e-mail address of your friends, you can use the “search engine”, which allow search people.
Some people search engines are www.123people.com, www.addresses.com, email.addresssearch.com, www.peakyou.com, www.pipl.com
Que 9. What do you understand by video conferencing ? What all things must be installed on your computer in order to have video conferencing?
Answer: A two-way videophone conversation among multiple participants is called Video Conferencing.
To do video conferencing you must have –
- Multimedia PC
- Web camera
- Video compression hardware,
- Internet connection (access to the internet), and
- Video conferencing software.
Popular video conferencing softwares are – Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Team, Skype, Cisco Webex Meeting, etc.
Que 10. Create a page for your class on a social networking site of your choice.
Answer: To create a page on a Social Networking site such as Facebook, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
Step 2: Click to choose a Page type.
Step 3: Fill out the required information.
Step 4: Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.